[ER02] Emergency Response Planning (Industrial) and Incident Management
Emergency Response Planning for Industrial PremisesIndustrial buildings not only get taller, more complex nowadays, it also gets more hazardous when their business operations involve use and storage of flammable and toxic chemicals. Industrial building owners and management not only need to ensure safe egress for the occupants, they are also tasked to put in place an effective emergency response plan to handle the emergency situation such as fire, chemical spill, and toxic release. Hence, the need for effective emergency response planning cannot be understated. This course will provide participants with an overview of how industrial complex/buildings can be better prepared for such incidents through effective emergency planning, and be prepared to face and overcome the impact when probable scenarios happen.
Incident ManagementIn the event of an emergency such as a fire, chemical spill, tremor, flood, or power outage, the company emergency response team (CERT) will be activated to handle the direct consequences of the emergency situation. To manage the indirect consequences such as employees’ safety, media, relative, business continuity, and legal compliance, the premise Incident Management Team (IMT) will be activated to take management oversight of the emergency incident. Hence, it is paramount that the IMT understand the essentials of incident management when working with the fire safety manager, workplace safety and health officer, appointed leaders of the CERT, emergency service authority, and other government agencies. This course will provide participants with an overview of how IMT can manage an incident effectively at the emergency/fire command centre.
- Incident management process
- National CERT standard
- Roles and responsibilities of CERT and its members
- Consequence management
- Joint operations between SCDF and CERT
- Legislative requirements for emergency response planning
- Documenting effective emergency response plan
- Table top exercise
- Participants will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation upon course completion
- Company Emergency Response Team Member
- Emergency Planners
- Fire Safety Managers
- Facility Managers
- Incident Management Team Member
- Security Supervisors
- “Fun learning with great sharing in a virtual space!” –Participant, Sport Singapore
- “We are able to discuss and share our practical situation through this highly interactive session!”– Participant, Power Seraya Limited
You May Also Like
[CR01] CERT Recertification Program
The CERT Recertification Program consists of a one-day session that includes team-based refresher training and assessment based on realistic operational scenarios, contextualised to the specific risks of your organisation. To request for a non-obligatory quotation, email to email@example.com.